Getting in Touch with CRD

General Information

The Civil Rights Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm except on these state holidays.

If you need assistance to CRD information, either for a disability or for a translation into another language, you can call, email or visit CRD offices.

Complaint or Mediation Status

To check the status of your pending complaint, get in touch directly with the investigator assigned to your case. Mediation correspondence should be sent directly to your assigned mediator. Please use CCRS, the e-mail address, or the office address that the assigned employee provided to you. Be sure to include your assigned CRD Inquiry number on all correspondence.

If you have lost the information you received from your investigator or mediator, or need other help regarding a specific complaint, please contact us.

Media Requests, Job Inquires, & Comments

  • Media requests go to our communications team at 916-938-4113 or Please provide a summary of your request and your deadline so they may respond as quickly as possible.
  • Employment queries go through the CRD human resources office. Available vacancies are posted on our Work for CRD page.
  • Comments about CRD’s performance can be made using our Comment form (PDF). You may also mail written comments or suggestions to the CRD Quality Assurance Manager at:

    651 Bannon Street, Suite 200
    Sacramento, CA 95811

Stay Informed

You can follow the latest information from CRD by subscribing to our online alerts and/or following us on social media.

You can also participate in one of the department’s Employment Round Tables. Those are held periodically throughout the state to focus on programs and strategies to reduce discrimination and promote equal opportunity.

Click here for our schedule of upcoming Round Tables and registration forms.

Doing Business with the Civil Rights Department

Our Commitment to Small Business & Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise

The Civil Rights Department aggressively seeks out business opportunities with certified Small Businesses (SB), Micro Businesses (MB), and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises (DVBE) whenever possible. We believe that supporting California’s SB and DVBE community is an integral part of stimulating the State’s overall economy and we have shown this dedication time and time again by consistently surpassing the mandated minimum participation of 3% DVBE and 25% SB in our yearly contracting activity.

Civil Rights Department SB/DVBE Advocate
Erin Nelson, Business Services Analyst

Vendor Resources

Get qualified to do business with the state

The Department of General Services (DGS) is the state’s authority on procurement policy. Get certified and find resources to certify your business at DGS.

Get Certified

Some government contracts require a small business (SB) or disables veteran business enterprise (DVBE)
certification. Certify your business at Cal eProcure
SB/DVBE Certification

Find bids

Search for department-specific bid opportunities at Cal eProcure
Event Search (

Learn how to get started

Learn how to pursue contract opportunities using training brochures and step-by-step videos.
Training and Resources (

Register your business, get statewide bid notifications

Registering your business allows you to receive notifications. Register at Cal eProcure

Sell to the State (

Goods and Services purchased by the Civil Rights Department

IT equipment
IT supplies
IT consulting services
Office supplies
Safety supplies
Language and Interpreting services
Moving services


You may leave a voicemail for the Legal Division by calling 916-964-1925. A call to this number will go to the Legal Division’s voicemail, and a staff member will return your call if your inquiry relates to actions pending in court or otherwise involving the Legal Division. If your call is not regarding an action pending in court or otherwise involving the Legal Division, it will be re-routed to CRD’s main contact number.

The Legal Division does not provide legal advice, process complaints, or answer public inquiries. The Legal Division voicemail is only for communications regarding actions pending in court or otherwise involving the Legal Division.

If you need to speak with a representative regarding any other matter, you will receive the fastest service by contacting 1-800-884-1684.

If you do need to leave a voicemail for CRD’s Legal Division, please call 916-964-1925. Your voicemail should include:

The specific matter name or number
Your name and role in the matter
Your contact information

Accessibility Information

CRD provides assistance to anyone who needs help accessing and understanding our information. Please contact us to arrange an accommodation if you have a disability or need translation into your native language.

Communication Center: 800-884-1684 (voice), 800-700-2320 (TTY) or
California's Relay Service at 711 |