The Civil Rights Department publishes a variety of informative posters, guides and fact sheets that describe California’s civil rights laws. These materials are available for you to download and print (Adobe Acrobat Reader™ may be needed). In accordance with California law and ADA requirements, all posters can be made available in alternate formats for people with disabilities, upon request. Please contact CRD at 800-884-1684 (voice or via California Relay Service 711) or 800-700-2320 (TTY).
All California employers are required to display the following poster:
Most California employers also must display three other posters:
- Transgender Rights in the Workplace poster (PDF) (starting January 1, 2018), which applies to businesses with 5 or more employees.
- Your Rights and Obligations as a Pregnant Employee poster (PDF), which applies to businesses with 5 or more employees.
- Family Care and Medical Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave poster (PDF), which applies to businesses with 5 or more employees.
Rules for displaying CRD posters
Any required Civil Rights Department posters must be conspicuously displayed where they can be easily seen and read by all employees and job applicants. The text has to be large and legible enough to be easily read when posted.
Posters must be displayed at the following places:
- At each location where a company has employees – offices, stores, warehouses, branches, etc.
- At employment agencies, hiring offices and union halls.
- On computers as long as the posters are posted electronically in a conspicuous place where employees will tend to see it.
If 10 percent or more of a company’s workforce speaks a language other than English, the posters must also be displayed in that language (or languages). CRD provides translated posters in several languages, available in the posters, guides and fact sheets section of our website. We will work with an employer if other translations are needed.
Free copies of workspace posters can be downloaded from the posters, guides and fact sheets section of our website.
Note: Rather than display CRD’s individual posters, many employers choose to purchase and display an all-in-one poster from Chambers of Commerce or other private organizations.